Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. is a respected landscape management and installation company. Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. specializes in delivering exceptional commercial landscape services and is part of an organization that has been growing successful companies since 2016. The company has a distinct culture that sets it apart from its competition by challenging its employees with the empowerment to chart the company’s destiny. Due to our plans for growth, the company has an immediate opening for a Human Resources / Recruiter.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Manager is a critical business partner to the CFO, CEO, and branch managers. The HR Manager will lead recruiting, talent development, employee relations, and related compliance matters at MLI, and assist in overseeing the company’s insurance and benefits portfolio. The most important responsibilities for this position are:
Partner with senior leaders and business unit managers to ensure MLI develops and attracts the best employees to support growth.
Assist in Manage insurance and benefits portfolio to protect MLI, its employees, and its customers from risk at a competitive cost.
Develop and maintain processes to ensure safe operations and compliance with laws, regulations, and obligations to customers, insurers, etc.
- Organize and lead MLI’s efforts to attract and retain the most successful landscaping team in the Indiana market
- Own and improve the Company’s recruiting processes and policies
- Manage the recruiting and onboarding processes for office-based positions
- Update field staff onboarding processes and oversee the onboarding process
- Organize, Attend and Promote recruiting functions.
- Promote training and development of current employees, such as basic skills training, professional certifications, continuing education, and management/executive training
- Support managers as needed in hiring, firing, grievance, performance improvement, and other employee relations matters
- Ensure that MLI meets contractual and regulatory obligations toward its employees.
- Develop and manage processes for field workforce recruiting and retention, including seasonal layoffs and retention from season to season.
Insurance and Benefits:
- Lead the selection and renewal process for insurance policies and benefit plans.
- Manage property and injury claims to conclusion, as the liaison between insurance carriers, claimants, and the business
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure that MLI is “simple and easy to work with” for employees and job candidates.
- Identify risks and gaps in existing policies and develop policies to address them.
- Manage the annual performance review process.
Other duties as Assigned
The HR Manager reports to the CFO but influences every area of the business. They will advance the company’s strategy and support its employees by developing excellence in the human resources function. At the same time, they will work hands-on with every aspect of employee relations, recruiting, and business process improvement. If you are looking for personal and professional growth, and the challenge of leading HR for a high-performing small business, we would love to meet you.
To succeed, the HR Manager must be proactive and able to work independently, while coordinating company objectives with stakeholders’ priorities. This position requires good communication skills, organization, prioritization of competing demands, and ability to balance long-term and day-to-day tasks.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years’ progressive experience in human resources, recruiting, or workforce management.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
- Landscaping, construction, or contracting experience preferred.
- Strong time management and communication skills; able to prioritize and work independently.
- Able to pass MLIs’ standard background and drug screening.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive relationships internally and with numerous vendors.
- In agreement with the mission and vision statement with Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and job costing methods are preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year